Thursday, June 14, 2007

Unexpected Progress.

Yesterday morning, mom called me and asked if I had plans for the afternoon/evening. Having my parents over was an unexpected treat.

Except for the fact that it was 90 degrees out. And my parents think that if they visit they need to address any (and ALL) house projects. At their age, and with my dad's heart problems, neither of them need to be out working hard in that weather. Still, they're both stubborn and - want to feel useful? - and the projects at my house drive them crazy? Etc.

So. As much as I tried to divert, cajole,and give orders, my dad spent almost 7 hours on my garage roof scraping off moss and then bleaching the roof to prevent re-growth. He also cleaned my gutters while he was up there.



My mom and I mulched and then created a new flower bed that improves the beauty of my yard immensely.


I even have a guardian caterpiller welcoming people as they pull in the driveway.

During the process, mom told two friends who stopped over that I need to find a husband to do things like my roof.

Whatever.

When we had dinner I told dad that maybe he should be more invested in identifying potential son-in-laws. Not much was said after that.

Gizmo, well, he sat inside and chilled. When I came home for lunch (before the work party began), he was sitting at my feet as I worked on the computer. He got interested in the camera when I tried to take pictures of him curled up below.

No comments: