Sunday, August 12, 2007

Cheeseburgers and Volleyball...

The Cheeseburgers in Caseville festival began friday - a ten day celebration of summer, jimmy-buffet-style! Laid back, fun events spread out over two weekends and the week in between.

My first cheeseburger of the year:


For the price of a $5 button, you can get in to free concerts at the band shell all week. It's great fun to watch the outfits (especially the hats) as you listen to the reggae music!


Saturday morning 5k standouts. My nephew, Tyler, got first place in the 5k run in his age group, and his friend, Jason, took second. Way to go, guys!


I skipped the 5k to save energy for the volleyball tournament. Unlike our showing 2 years ago (where we lost every game), Chad, Christy and I were able to pick up a fourth (Brandon from Ortonville) and fought long and hard (from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.) to earn second place trophies!!

Below, pictures of John and Michelle, who won the tournament playing with only two. John wins every year with a different female. Great fun playing them, even though we did our best to tire them out so we could take first!

Here, I tried to get a picture of John's jump serve. I told him later that I needed him to do more so I could get a good picture of it. However, he wasn't happy with how the jumper was going, so he reverted to his unfailing overhand serve.




We are the champions. . . .the Volleycats with John and Michelle.

2 comments:

Amy Soper said...

Looks like a beautiful weekend!

Unknown said...

Fun....cheeseburgers and paradise. Have you ever heard Jimmy Buffet's song "One Particular Harbor"? It has a great beat and the lyrics are very soothing and calming. I'm sure you can find it on YouTube. Glad to see you've been enjoying the Caseville summer!