Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Boulder, Day 3 & out: Challenge and Leaving

Well, I go from 3 posts on Sunday to one post for both Monday and Tuesday (travel day)....but that doesn't mean I took any fewer photos!

Jason and I started the day with Yoga at Chataqua Park, where he said we'd do a "pretty easy" 1.5-2 hour round trip hike up to Royal Arch. Here, he stands in front of the sign, with the Flat Irons in the background.


My yoga location: perfect.



The trek up to Royal Arch was a bit harder than Jason remembered (or maybe he was just being kind in saying that), so I was pretty happy to reach the top....except for my fear of heights that surfaced toward the end of our steep journey. Still, we got a couple of really cool pictures at the top:



...and on the way down as well...


After lunch (with an ill-advised margarita for cinco de mayo....remind me never to drink alcohol when I'm at risk of becoming dehydrated at altitude...it causes major headaches!) we saw this street musician who was very talented!


A ride up Flagstaff Drive produced more great photo opportunities...




And finally, Tuesday morning, the trip back to Denver to catch a flight back to good old Michigan. My trip to Boulder has spurred some deep thoughts about my life choices (food choices, environmental impact and value on nature, questions about space and waste....) and will definitely be on my list of places to re-visit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those pictures turned out well! Glad you could come out to visit. Everything was fun, except the tick that really liked me.