Monday, March 26, 2007

Serenity & Sensation

Part of my evening trip tonight was all about peace and serenity. . .that would be the part that included my 3 mile walking route down the beach. Follow along.


Trying out the water for the first time as I began my walk.


Um. Everyone else is doing it (taking pictures of phragmites). . . isn't it purty?


I don't know if certain friends get as excited over dead fish as ice-sculpture fish, but this one sure was cool.



Waiting patiently to get out in the water.


Nature is so incredible.


Cool shadows on my return trip.


Sitting on the beach as the sun set.

The other part - pure sensation. And fun. And CHALLENGE. I set a new record.

I've held the record (and was the inital "setter") since I "went in" on April 18th two years ago. My parents captured the moment then.

Today, I was by myself, so I called my sister & her family to get verbal support (and give verbal proof). Then I set my 10 second timer on my camera. Over and over. The Saginaw Bay on March 26th? No problem.






I thought I'd have to run out quick and get dressed. However, given the shallow water (I had to lay down to get wet), it was warmer than I expected, so I sat in the water for about 15 minutes just enjoying it. I think Gina thought I was crazy, but I was just happy. . .




I also checked on my sisters' cottage and took some more pics - these are my favorite:





I hope you all get to sit in some water at a deserted beach soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Lou! I can't believe you were already in the water! Brrr!...says the Canadian. :-)
Love ya!

Unknown said...

Your pictures are beautiful and interesting!

RockStar said...

Great pictures! OOOOO it makes me long for full on summer...
I hope everything is well on your side of the world. (because it's so far from my side)
:)

Amy Soper said...

Inspired by your pictures, I'm planning to paint my toenails orange and take pictures of them while I'm bathing in the ocean next to a big ol' dead fish...either that or some fabulous pics of me as a flying trapeze artist. I'm off to the West Coast in just a few hours. I shall miss you...Story time upon our returns. Enjoy your trip as well!