Thursday, October 18, 2007

Jewel - Acoustic and Live!

"No taping or photography"


Sorry - but in my first opportunity to see Jewel live, and from the 7th row at that...I'm carrying along a purse that can easily hide my camera.

It looked like a big lightening storm during some parts of the concert. And for good reason.

Jewel is a phenomenal story teller, and her vocal ability is beyond anything I've ever heard. Incredible. I highly recommend spending the $45 (or a lot more!) any time you have the chance to hear her.

Of course, my camera cost a bit more than $45, and I was a little chicken about taking pictures even though at least a quarter of the people present were - so my pictures were flash-less, rushed...and not always focused well. DARN IT!

I recommend being brave on the photography if you do happen to get that chance!



Mark felt like a stud, being the only male in the group. Of course, he drove, so we could also call him our chauffeur...





"Lend our voices only to sounds of freedom. No longer lend our strength to that which we wish to be free from - fill our lives with love and bravery and we shall lead...a life uncommon."

1 comment:

Amy Soper said...

At first I thought you were going to disappoint and not even try. I was pleased to see you did! Looks like a good time! So, I'll be on the road tonight - thinking about 6 to 9 p.m., so if you want to catch up (and aren't going to a movie), give a call... or maybe I'll call you!