Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Eves: snowy white and otherwise

It was an interesting evening. Snow like I haven't seen in ages. "Shocking" words like "vagina" yelled out exuberantly by an audience both male and female. Different.

Eve Ensler spoke at Alma tonight, she's the author of "The Vagina Monologues." I liked what she had to say about stopping violence against women/girls - and about allowing our men/boys to feel and express, stopping the shaming and hardening.



Eve with her videographer....taping for the huge 10th anniversary celebration of "V Day"



Here are some visions from my cold, blustery walk home...through drifts that were sometimes KNEE HIGH!

Home, sweet home...

2 comments:

Amy Soper said...

Do you get snow days? And, how was the coffee shop debut?

Lou said...

No snow day...at least for AC - but CMU was cancelled, which allowed me to go see Eve!

The coffee shop debut was good...I made $33 toward Relay for Life!