Thursday, February 14, 2008

Single & Homeless.

What a strange, strange day: a day that feels like 3 days, or more. A Lansing job fair that was exhilerating while at the same time exhausting. A brief time at home to unpack, take a phone call and shovel Rosie out of the pile of snow that I left on the edge of the driveway...... and a trip to Mt. Pleasant that was less than we had hoped for our valentine's day plans.

The phone call, though....that was big. My valentine's day present and birthday present all wrapped into one. Because on Valentine's Day (today) I got an offer on my house that I will accept tomorrow. And 5 days after my birthday, I'll close.

Just what I wanted, but it still brings mixed emotions. I love my house, and I love my friends in Midland, and I love living in Midland. I've been half-way gone for 6 months now, but it will be hard to fully leave.

So. Consider this my valentine to Midland and all it entails for me.

At least I can visit.
(and don't YOU forget to visit me!)

No comments: