Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Day 2: Everything is bigger in Texas.

Another jam-packed day in Texas. . .and although they called for storms and rain, so far (at 9 p.m.) it has held off, and we had another 90 degree day!

I started my day with a walk and a swim. Here's the pool at 7:00 a.m. It shocks me how late the sun comes up here!



After my swim and a quick breakfast, I went to school to volunteer with dad. We helped in the music classroom and also in the reading room. It's unbelievable to see the new schools going up around here. Texas somehow has great funding for education right now.


Afterwards, we came back so I could swim, have lunch, swim again and then shower - before heading to a nursing home to play music. This bird is a crackle - I LOVE them. They make this awesome "ziiippp" sound (hear the pitch go up in your head) and have a neat plume on their tail that makes them look like mini roosters or peacocks!





Well, the nursing home was fine, but dad and I both set off the alarm on our way out, which was rather embarrassing! Guess they wanted to try to keep us!


We went to Mr. Gatti's for dinner - it's an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet that's awesome! I did take a picture but dad's eyes were closed so I'll skip it here. . . :)

When we returned, I asked if I could just hang out and read for a while. After about an hour, I noticed this little friend sitting under a palm tree about 6 feet from me!


Finally, what you've all been waiting for. . .my mom got some marshmallows so that we could christen their (my/our) big chiminea. You see, I bought it two years ago but couldn't get it home, so I left it at their trailer thinking they'd bring it. Last year I bought a smaller one so that my aunt and uncle could bring it home, and we all know how much I love it!

ANYWAY, check out these HUGE marshmallows. Truly a delightful s'more making time with the folks.




Even the sky was in a marshmallow-cotton candy mood.


Changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes. . .yep, I'm reading Jimmy Buffet's bio, but, really, the quote fits either way!

No comments: