Thursday, April 5, 2007

Texas Day 3: the end of the good weather?

More fun in Texas. . .I've had to get lots of pool time in because it's supposed to go down to 41 and even 39 (!) overnight in San Antonio over the next few nights...

You know how people talk about "multiplying like rabbits?" Hmmm. I wonder what's in those mini-palm trees. . .


Mom and I started the morning out with breakfast at my favorite mexican restaurant just down the road.


After volunteering at the school again, we hit a new french restaurant around the corner - I doubt that mom will ever get dad there!


This afternoon we stopped at Mission's Hike and Bike trail - it's 5 miles long, but mom and dad didn't want to walk very far. Here's what I was able to shoot. . .no salamanders, those little guys were way too quick for me (and they also blend in to the scenery so I figured a picture was a waste of time!). . .



This is a a side trail off the main paved path. Doesn't it make you want to go check it out?? Covered natural paths like that are so intriguing!

Tonight we went to Holy Thursday mass. The church my parents attend is so beautiful!


One thing my dad likes a lot about the church is the dog. Yep. The dog. The priest's dog comes in for mass as well, he trots right up the center aisle and sits up with the priest during the service. Here, he waits patiently after mass as "apostles" give out pan (bread)on the steps.

No comments: