Sunday, March 2, 2008

Saturday in Texas: 83 degrees

Today we had a full day, beginning with a "free" breakfast at mom and dad's hotel. After breakfast, we drove to Fredericksburg and Luchenbach to check out some different areas. Fredericksburg was awesome, I'm only disappointed that we didn't have more time. We started with wine tasting at a neat little shop, then dad modeled a kimono in a nearby gift shop (Amy - I won't need to borrow your coin belt for future Halloween fun....I bought my own there!)




We rushed back to Austin (stopping briefly at a great little diner in Johnson City) to drop Jeremy off and go to my parent's friends' grandson's house for dinner. A beautiful home, a GREAT steak and a fun game of cards.



Finally, Kay and I took showers and went out dancing....and I saw Debra Szekely and Robert Cordoba (long time swing champs) for the first time. Here, Debra and Robert wait on the sidelines as they are introduced for their demo.

No comments: