Sunday, January 14, 2007

Celebrating 90

It was Amy's great-grandmother's 90th birthday yesterday. I was lucky enough to be able to attend and take some photos.

First, we - the family and "extra's" like me and Jason (the new MDN photo intern)- hopped on wagons and took a hayride over to pick great-grandmother Dorothy up in her chariot.



When we got back to the hall, the men got busy starting a fire... I was just interested in how smoky it was, so I took pictures as the guys worked it out.



Amy sitting on the couch talking with her dad, ignoring some other relative sitting next to her. :)



Dorothy, the birthday girl, listening as a small selection of her relatives went through a listing of prices, birthdays and other facts from the decades of her life.



Beware of Amy when she has silverware in her hands - even if it's plastic! In case you can't tell by the body language, she's saying "bring it on" to her 16 year old cousin while Jim (one of my past dance students, interestingly enough) watches in amusement.



What a beautiful day. I only hope that I'm as alive still on my 90th.

2 comments:

Amy Soper said...

Lou,
Thank you for coming out. Love the pics, especially the firestarters. The hazy smoke added a nice visual, not so great for unsuspecting lungs! I also think you should know Austin got his revenge -- I got socked with a major snowball as I was leaving. And, also, love the pedestrian crossing sign and hayride shooters in the last pic... now if only someone could have caught the reflection in the ice cream shop window. :) You're an awesome friend. Thanks for being wonderful you!

Lou said...

Yeah, darn that shop window.

Too bad the great ideas come too late. . . and 'force' me to sound stupid in front of the "real" photographers when I say, "hey, do that again" or WISH I could say, "hey, could you drive by there again so I can get a picture of our reflection???". . .

Thank YOU for inviting me!