Monday, January 22, 2007

Leelanau trip - Sunday trek home

Well, all good things must come to an end, I suppose.

Amy and I were both pretty quiet sunday morning, not wanting to pack up and return. However, I found a way to create some comic relief. My sisters and I have a constant battle going on over who is the "favorite" aunt. I guess it's the person who's around the most, if you're smart. Nice of them to make coasters in sets of 4 when there are only 3 kids.



Although the roads were dry in Leelanau, we hit a blizzard once we hit Cadillac. The trees (and snowmobile-carrying-vehicle ahead) helped us stay on the road.


Some weren't so lucky on the drive. The first accident we came upon resulted in some pretty severe injuries to a woman and her dog - this info based on the recounting in a gas station restroom when the whole line of cars filed in after the 30 minute wait. The second accident (below) was cleared as we reached it, and we never heard any details.


Hmmmm. I'm not used to riding in a car (I'm usually driving). Finally, at the END of the trip, I figured out that I could set my timer and set the camera on the dash to get a picture of both of us. Fun with cameras.


Thanks for joining us on our trip!

No comments: