Monday, January 22, 2007

Leelanau trip: Saturday morning


A view of Gina and Kevin's cottage in the morning. All you need on a vacation are the bear necessities, sure 'nough.

A shot of Sugar Loaf mountain taken just around the corner from the cottage. After breakfast Amy and I took a trek up it.


On our hike, we met "Mayor John," who had just walked up the mountain 7 or 8 times so that he could ski down it 7 or 8 times. . . I thought it was cool to meet the mayor, but was confused because I didn't know there was a town of Sugar Loaf. Amy told me as we walked away that it's a skiing term for a person who has conquered the mountain. It's even more cool to have met him AND learned something!



Sugar Loaf ski resort has been closed for several years because of financial difficulties (WHAT A SHAME!!!!), so Amy and I walked around all of the buildings. This is an unused ticket booth of a particularly nice color. :)




Amy and I only walked up the mountain once, and while I walked down, Amy rolled. Good, clean fun.

1 comment:

Amy Soper said...

Lou,
I'm stealing the snow roll picture because I love it so much. Makes me happy just looking at it... yet, sad that we're not there right now!